a project to keep me occupied whilst in covid lockdown.

• Remerciements reçus 0

a project to keep me occupied whilst in covid lockdown. a été créé par Sean Reid

Hello everyone ,I am from England unfortunately with very limited ability to write in French. During the past year I have been confined to my home for most of the time due to the restrictions brought about by the covid pandemic, which I have been able to avoid being infected.
To keep myself busy I undertook what I thought would be a simple task, to trace the careers of horses which were imported from Australia and New Zealand in the
1970's and 1980's . It has been possible for me to obtain details of the races that all of them have run throughout their careers before coming to run in Europe.
Four of the horses were being trained in England when their owner decided to send them to French trainers, it is at this point in time that my difficulties arise. Although I have tried to source details of the races that the horses competed in whilst in the care of their French trainers. Some of the races run in Italy and Germany by the horses have come to hand. My hope is that somebody can let me know if the results of races run in the past are recorded any where,and if so where are they and can I get to see them . In England a yearly publication is available called 'Timeform' ,which lists every race with a list of the competitors and the finishing posistion's they achieve, is there such a publication in France?. If so what is it called?.
I am hoping that someone can help me,
Many Thanks, Sean.
14 Mar 2021 17:46 #1

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

• Remerciements reçus 6763

RĂ©ponse de TorontoPat sur le sujet a project to keep me occupied whilst in covid lockdown.

Hello,
I guess you are speaking about galloper ?
And the years 70 - 80
?
I am not sure you will find that for free
Maybe here :
www.france-galop.com
I am following trotteurs

Good luck
Merci pour ce message de la part de : Sean Reid
14 Mar 2021 23:03 #2

• Remerciements reçus 202

RĂ©ponse de Fathi sur le sujet a project to keep me occupied whilst in covid lockdown.

Hi Sean,
Maybe if you have the names of the four horses you’re talking about, i can help you to find them.

But i think that sometimes, their new owners change horses name when they take them from other countries/continents.

For example, for alot of horses, when they go to Hong Kong, they give them a new name, different of their born name reason of why it’s difficult to find their past.
15 Mar 2021 00:22 #3

• Remerciements reçus 0

RĂ©ponse de Sean Reid sur le sujet a project to keep me occupied whilst in covid lockdown.

the horses are named ;;
BALLYMORE
PAEMAKO PRINCE
THE CHAMP
SO AND SO
I believe they were sent to trainers J Dubois and Y Porzier. The Champ ran in Italy and Germany and So And So ran in Germany after being sent to their
French trainers. Both had run in Europe before coming to England. If you can find me any information it would be fantastic .Thank you

Kind Regards

Sean
16 Mar 2021 21:06 #4

• Remerciements reçus 854

RĂ©ponse de moncourt sur le sujet a project to keep me occupied whilst in covid lockdown.

Sean, I don’t quite understand the meaning of your research, these horses were not champions (no disrespect from them) however il will be very difficult to find information on this kind of horse. Only the annual bulletin of races in France can remedy this.
Personally I only know that:

Ballymore was New Zealand horse born in 1969 by Ballyroyal and Stillish Milling ran in France over hurdles and steeplechases for J Dubois. Not winner it seems to me.

Paemako Prince 1972 by Morganatic II and Diamond MĂ©lo ran in France in 77/78 for J Dubois also over hurdles and steeplechases. It took a lot of smalls places.

The Champ was Australian born in 1968 by Dies and Rose Eklat by Targui. It ran a long time and came in France on the end of career in 79 or 80. Before it win the Great Premio steepl of Merano in sept 1978 for The owner Stall Kiwi
and the second of this race was So and So with P Hely. It was also 2e in aug 1981 to Baden Baden mounted by Am G De Chevigny for the French owner D W Samuel.

So and So born in 1969 by So Big and Aurora4s Pride by Tauloch. It was also 2e at Baden Baden in steeple in sept 1981 for the owner D W Samuel mounted by the great french jockey Alain Chelet.
Sorry but for the moment that’s all.
18 Mar 2021 08:55 #5

RĂ©ponse de moncourt sur le sujet a project to keep me occupied whilst in covid lockdown.

moncourt Ă©crit: Sean, I don’t quite understand the meaning of your research, these horses were not champions (no disrespect from them) however il will be very difficult to find information on this kind of horse. Only the annual bulletin of races in France can remedy this.
Personally I only know that:

Ballymore was New Zealand horse born in 1969 by Ballyroyal and Stillish Milling ran in France over hurdles and steeplechases for J Dubois. Not winner it seems to me.

Paemako Prince 1972 by Morganatic II and Diamond MĂ©lo ran in France in 77/78 for J Dubois also over hurdles and steeplechases. It took a lot of smalls places.

The Champ was Australian born in 1968 by Dies and Rose Eklat by Targui. It ran a long time and came in France on the end of career in 79 or 80. Before it win the Great Premio steepl of Merano in sept 1978 for The owner Stall Kiwi
and the second of this race was So and So with P Hely. It was also 2e in aug 1981 to Baden Baden mounted by Am G De Chevigny for the French owner D W Samuel.

So and So born in 1969 by So Big and Aurora's Pride by Tauloch. It was also 2e at Baden Baden in steeple in sept 1981 for the owner D W Samuel mounted by the great french jockey Alain Chelet.
Sorry but for the moment that’s all.

DerniĂšre Ă©dition: 18 Mar 2021 10:07 par moncourt.
18 Mar 2021 08:55 #6

• Remerciements reçus 0

RĂ©ponse de Sean Reid sur le sujet a project to keep me occupied whilst in covid lockdown.

Thank You for the information. What is the correct title of the annual results bulletin ,it may be possible for me to get hold of that. It would be worth
a try. I know that they are not classed as champions but I gained an interest in them because they came over to Europe and tried something different.
The Champ, I now know ran in races in
AUSTRALIA
NEW ZEALAND
ITALY
FRANCE
ENGLAND
GERMANY
SWITZERLAND
18 Mar 2021 21:58 #7

• Remerciements reçus 0

Thank You for the information. What is the correct title of the annual results bulletin ,it may be possible for me to get hold of that. It would be worth
a try. I know that they are not classed as champions but I gained an interest in them because they came over to Europe and tried something different.
AUSTRALIA
NEW ZEALAND
ITALY
FRANCE
ENGLAND
GERMANY
SWITZERLAND
and AMERICA
I am not aware of any other Jumps racehorse who has run in so many countries.
if you find anything else about the horses please let me know.
Thanks for your help.
18 Mar 2021 22:03 #8

• Remerciements reçus 0

AUSTRALIA
NEW ZEALAND
ITALY
FRANCE
ENGLAND
GERMANY
SWITZERLAND
and AMERICA
I am not aware of any other Jumps racehorse who has run in so many countries.
if you find anything else about the horses please let me know.
Thanks for your help.
18 Mar 2021 22:03 #9

it is the Dictionary of horses edited by Michel Morice (Figaro' journalist) but it only came out from 1991 to 1999 it seems to me.

otherwise other horses from Oceania came to France and Europe like TERRIFIC 1962 (NZ) by Gigantic and Our Love by Booby Trap winner of 13 races in New zealand and Australia. It rode at the stud (became in 1970....;) Haras des Chartreux at Family Bertella.
20 Mar 2021 11:10 #10